Prabhupāda: False ego. You can say false ego.
Prabhupāda: First thing is that ego, if you are qualified with false ego, that ego development is servant, you are thinking, "I am king." This is false ego. And if you increase this false ego, then where is the benefit? You are misled. Is it not?
Rūpānuga: Is there false ego in different modes? Like false ego in the mode of ignorance, false in the mode of passion or goodness?
Prabhupāda: Ego is there, but this is false ego.
Prabhupāda: This is false ego = "I am this matter. I am this body." This is false ego.
Rāmeśvara: Their false egos. They have such big false egos that they are only thinking about their selves.
Prabhupāda: Ego, ego is there, but false and right.
Lecture at Bhārata Chamber of Commerce
Prabhupāda: You cannot come over. Now you are in false ego. You have to come to the real ego. Now you are thinking, "I am Indian. I am Hindu. I am businessman." These are all false ego. When you come ... Ego, you cannot give up. But this is your false ego. You have to give up your false ego, come to to your real ego, that "I am part and parcel of Kṛṣṇa, eternal servant of Kṛṣṇa," that is your real the real ego. That's required. Purify your ego. That is required.
Prabhupāda: Hmm? That is contaminated ego, false ego.
Room Conversation with Rosicrucians
Guru-gaurāṅga: It is in the heart of everyone. Simply it is a question of repressing the false ego, for..., eliminating the old man, the false ego.
False ego means accepting this body as oneself. When one understands that he is not his body and is spirit soul, he comes to his real ego. Ego is there. False ego is condemned, but not real ego. In sense of “I am” is ego, but when the sense of “I am” is applied to this false body it is false ego . When the sense of self is applied to reality, that is real ego. There are some philosophers who say we should give up our ego, but we cannot give up our ego, because ego means identity. We ought, of
Bhagvad-gītā 7.2 in Hindi [final proofreading pending]
, false ego. Our being in this material body and having a material body, I think I am Indian, someone ego’s are false ego. The real ego is 'Ahaṁ brahmāsmi. This ego relating to the body is false ego ; this is not the real ego. This is mundane ego. This is not transcendental ego. The transcendental ego
Filter by text_type
Filter by hierarchy
- Bhagavad-gītā As It Is (91)
- Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam (Bhāgavata Purāṇa) (1469)
- Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta (237)
- Kṛṣṇa, the Supreme Personality of Godhead (132)
- The Science of Self-Realization (33)
- Śrīla Prabhupāda-līlāmṛta (78)
- Teachings of Lord Caitanya (44)
- Nectar of Instruction (2)
- Teachings of Lord Kapila (38)
- Śrī Īśopaniṣad (10)
- Teachings of Queen Kuntī (28)
- Beyond Birth and Death (4)
- Bhakti: The Art of Eternal Love (3)
- Civilization and Transcendence (11)
- The Perfection of Yoga (5)
- A Second Chance (18)
- The Path of Perfection (7)
- The Journey of Self-Discovery (30)
- The Nectar of Devotion (25)
- Rāja-vidyā: The King of Knowledge (6)
- Mahābhārata - Retold by Kṛṣṇa Dharma dasa (71)
- On the Way to Kṛṣṇa (2)
- Rāmāyaṇa (24)
- Light of the Bhāgavata (27)
- Śrī Brahma-saṁhitā (7)