This is pure devotion.
Therefore pure devotion is,
Definition of Pure Devotional Service
be counted as pure devotional service. Pure devotional service should be free from the desire for any through volumes of word jugglery and speculation. Pure devotional service must always be free from such fruitive activities and philosophical speculations. One has to learn Kṛṣṇa consciousness, or pure devotional service, from the authorities by spontaneous loving service.
take to Kṛṣṇa consciousness for fulfilling some material desire. That is not pure devotion. That is adulterated. That is also devotion, but it is adulterated. Pure devotion means without any material desire. We serve Kṛṣṇa not for any benefit, material or spiritual. That is pure devotion.
Prabhupāda: Yes. Pure..., pure devotion means śravaṇaṁ kīrtanam. [break]
Therefore pure devotion means anyābhilāṣitā-śūnyaṁ jñāna-karmādy-anāvṛtam [Brs. 1.1.11]. Pure devotion means one should be freed from all material desires, even from the desire of being elevated to the heavenly planet or Brahmaloka, Satyaloka—that is karma—or to try to understand, just like the philosophists, they do. By speculation, by philosophical speculation, they try to understand what is are not pure devotion. They are karma-kāṇḍa, jñāna-kāṇḍa.
Room Conversation with three Trappist Monks
Prabhupāda: No, it is not wrong, but it is not pure devotion.
CC Ādi 4.21-22
(ordinary devotional service), śuddha-bhakti (pure devotional service) and viddha-bhakti (mixed devotional service).
The Nectar of Devotion
Pradyumna: [reading] "4) Pure devotional service is rarely achieved. 5) Those in pure devotional service..."
CC Madhya 19.166
“When one is situated in pure devotional service, he develops love of Godhead; therefore let me describe some of the symptoms of pure devotional service.
The nectar of devotion 1
Characteristics of Pure Devotional Service
The nectar of devotion 1
THE RARENESS OF PURE DEVOTIONAL SERVICE
Filter by hierarchy
- Bhagavad-gītā As It Is (36)
- Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam (Bhāgavata Purāṇa) (320)
- Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta (127)
- Kṛṣṇa, the Supreme Personality of Godhead (19)
- Teachings of Lord Caitanya (27)
- The Science of Self-Realization (17)
- Nectar of Instruction (3)
- Teachings of Lord Kapila (4)
- Teachings of Queen Kuntī (5)
- Beyond Birth and Death (4)
- Bhakti: The Art of Eternal Love (19)
- Civilization and Transcendence (4)
- A Second Chance (11)
- The Path of Perfection (12)
- The Journey of Self-Discovery (5)
- The Nectar of Devotion (43)
- Rāja-vidyā: The King of Knowledge (7)
- On the Way to Kṛṣṇa (2)